Can IDocumentationProvider::homePage be non-const?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 30 17:28:26 UTC 2009

On 30.11.09 17:14:23, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all, esp. Apol:
>
> Can I remove the "const" from IDocumentationProvider::homePage() ? Thing is,
> that I want to pass "this" as parent/provider to the returned IDocumentation.
> This fails, since this is const, but it should be non-const.

I strongly object to that. A getter like homePage ought to be const, else
its suggesting to do something other than fetching some data.

As David said, either use const-cast, or maybe you should fix the rest of
the calling chain to also be const.

You have a strong desire for a home and your family interests come first.