New release-plan

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:39:56 UTC 2009

Speaking about repository locations. I'm not actively participating in
development now, so take my words with a grain of salt, but I believe that if
we ever move out of the trunk/KDE source tree, then we should go right to
gittorious and adopt a release scheme of Linux kernel:

- "master" or "trunk" branch is always stable
- new features are developed in branches and are merged once ready (really
easy to do with git)
- release at any time when master/trunk has anything valuable (this usually
means releasing often, up to 4-5 releases per year)

In my company, we're doing the same even without doing too many branches, and
this process still works. And I should say, it works really well.