New release-plan

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:36:17 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 27 November 2009 20:19:45 schrieb Niko Sams:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 19:44, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > So Andreas said the only way of getting back the source-formatter is
> > releasing KDevelop4 separately of the 4.4 release cycle.
>
> I think we get more attention in a separate release.
I agree on this.
> However I could live without source formatter for 4.0; people will
> complain about
> missing features anyway and compare it with the Kde SC 4.0 release.
Actually that is why I still think it would be better if we would give
KDevelop a new name, maybe even just for the first releases of the 4.X series.
That would save us from all the uninformed ranting, and also might give us new
users who have tried "KDevelop3" before and didn't like it. An interesting
option might even be to rename "KDevPlatform" to "KDevelop", and give the C++-
IDE called KDevelop a new name.

But I won't start new discussions on that as we have more important stuff on
the agenda.

About moving KDevelop to extragear: You're right on the pace of development.
However, the location doesn't really matter, does it? It's just another svn
location to check out the source, and until someone complains, we don't need
to worry about this too much.

Greetings, David