KDE/kdevplatform

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Fri Nov 27 09:28:39 UTC 2009

On Thursday 26 November 2009 13:54:53 David Nolden wrote:

For my money, we should reinstate the astyle plugin. It might not have been
pretty, but it worked ok, and it would be a severe regression for me and my
small team if we were to go without. This includes the dialog, ugly as it
might be. Especially if it also makes the code completion stuff work worse.
Kate's support for (C++) indentation is atrocious, in my opinion it is Kate's
only really weak spot.

As for the freeze and such matters, that is what freeze exceptions are for.

If you need a maintainer for indentation, I'll volunteer after 4.4... at that
point, I will have a bit more time on my hands as Klipper should be in better
state and I will get 20% of my work time for OS projects again. I'd be
delighted to have some help with the general design for this, if such can be
spared.

That, at least, is my take. Thanks for the great effort on KDevelop, it is
really a great IDE.

--
Kind regards, Esben