Java language support

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Tue Nov 24 08:14:34 UTC 2009

Hi David,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:27:19 am Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:56:15 pm David Nolden wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 30 Juli 2009 05:37:23 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> > > The current plan was to create and execute new parse jobs in a
> > > recursive fashion as needed in  void ParseJob::run(), probably in the
> > > if (builder.identifiersRemainUnresolved()) { bracket.
> >
> > I think that plan is not ideal. As many languages have this problem, for
> > example also php, we should solve it once and for all, by looking how
> > those languages themselves do it, and replicate that behavior.
> >
> > My initial guess: Use 3 passes over the complete project.
> > Pass 1: Only put declarations into the symbol table
> > Pass 2: Build types (requires full declaration info)
> > Pass 3: Build uses (requires full type info)
> >
> > Pass 2 and 3 can probably be merged in some way, as one could also build
> > type- uses while resolving the types in pass 2, and thereby have a kind
> > of inheritance chain. Anyway that should be secondary, primary goal
> > should be first getting it working properly.
>
> Sure, that would be a good plan too.  Can the background parser figure out
> when a job didn't complete the required parsing flags, and reschedule the
>  url for parsing again?

What would be the best way to implement your proposal?  (If you've answered
earlier, sorry, but I can't find the response now).

Cheers,
Hamish.

PS. for those who were curious, while I was absent from programming I got
married... here are some shots from a passer by:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86912114@N00/sets/72157622231831171/show/