Should X-KDevelop-Interfaces list "grandparent" interfaces?

Daniel Calviño Sánchez danxuliu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:20:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have seen that
kdevelop/projectbuilders/cmakebuilder/kdevcmakebuilder.desktop:60
contains:
X-KDevelop-Interfaces=org.kdevelop.ICMakeBuilder

CMakeBuilder class
(kdevelop/projectbuilders/cmakebuilder/cmakebuilder.h) inherits from
KDevelop::IPlugin and ICMakeBuilder. And ICMakeBuilder class
(kdevelop/projectbuilders/cmakebuilder/icmakebuilder.h) inherits from
KDevelop::IProjectBuilder
(kdevplatform/project/interfaces/iprojectbuilder.h). Thus,
CMakeBuilder inherits from KDevelop::IProjectBuilder.

In some tests I made,
ICore::self()->pluginController()->allPluginsForExtension(
"org.kdevelop.IProjectBuilder") doesn't return CMakeBuilder plugin.
But if I change X-KDevelop-Interfaces to
X-KDevelop-Interfaces=org.kdevelop.IProjectBuilder,org.kdevelop.ICMakeBuilder
ICore::self()->pluginController()->allPluginsForExtension(
"org.kdevelop.IProjectBuilder" ) returns CMakeBuilder (as I presume is
the intended behavior).

So my question is, should the interface be added to the desktop file?
Maybe there is a better way to do it, or I'm missing something and now
it works as it should.