Inconsistent order of tool views

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 19:59:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> On Thursday, 19. November 2009 20:07:23 Aleix Pol wrote:

> yet
> > >
> > > Not easy to fix, but I also concur - it should be fixed at some point.
> > >
> > > Right now tool views are agnostic to their position. It's just saved
> that
> > > tool
> > > view X was in area Y at position Z (position == top, bottom, left,
> > > right).
> > >
> > > Once we can restore the position correctly one could also hopefully
> make
> > > them
> > > uniquely adressable. I.e. consistent configs per view etc. pp. (think
> > > also toggle shortcuts).
> > >
> > > Imo this should become a bugreport for KDevelop 4.1. Won't happen for
> 4.0
> > > sadly.
> > > --
> > > Milian Wolff
> > > mail at milianw.de
> > > http://milianw.de
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > we could just sort them alphabetically or smth like that.
> >
> > That shouldn't be that hard...
>
> Maybe I'll do in in the feature freeze period, lets see.

Though for KDevelop 4.x I'd also see drag'n'drop support so this won't make
> much sense then.

You can undo anyway the sorting when implementing such feature.
It might still be useful if you drop against the side and you don't let the
user to sort the tabs. That wouldn't be very useful anyway since we will be
getting the same misbehavior (competing toolviews to be the first in the
tool area).