Planning the bugfix phase

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 15 23:51:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

with the feature freeze being close we need to find a good strategy for
the bugfixing phase so we're sure to address the most important/annoying
bugs.

To start with that I went through the open bugreports against kdevelop
(will do kdevplatform in the next days) and reviewed them. I've tagged
all that _I_ think should be done for 4.0 with the proper target
release. Additionally I've tried to set priority to HI or VHI depending
on how big the impact on users is (or if we already seen it ourselves).
I've also tagged and prioritized some that simply need the "responsible"
developer to have a second look to judge about it.

I suggest that once everybody has his features done (or at 25th)
everybody looks at the list of bugs in bugzilla using this query:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=kdevelop&product=kdevplatform&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Of course we can also discuss about moving some out of the "to-be-fixed"
list. IMHO everything with priority VHI needs to be fixed before we can
do a release, ultimately delaying it (if not done by the date RC1 is
tagged). HI priority for me means I'll try very hard to fix these,
but they won't block the release. Everything below that is simply
nice-to-have.

Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.