Patch for includepathresolver.cpp

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed May 27 17:47:47 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 27 Mai 2009 18:52:37 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 27.05.09 18:22:20, Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > a bug that bothered me quite long was that starting from kdevelop4 lots
> > of code got recompiled without me changing it.
> >
> > Yesterday I found the cause: Kdevelop changes the timestamp of my files.
> >
> > After digging into the problem I found that the include path resolver
> > uses different working directories for updating the timestamp and
> > resetting them. This causes some files to not be resetted.
>
> I've noticed that too, thanks for looking into this.
>
> Apart from that, shouldn't the resolver only get active when the
> buildsystem doesn't provide proper include directories? Or do we always use
> it now additionally?
>
> Andreas
Right now it's always used. You cannot know whether the paths returned from
the project-manager contain everything needed or not. This is also a good
debugging for the actual project-managers, as it shows problems in the
problem-reporter if an include-path was missing from the manager. I haven't
seen it for a while, but it used to happen quite often in the past with cmake.

After all of my last patches, the include-path resolver has only a low
overhead. It mostly calls "make" only once for each directory.

Greetings, David