New Area-Tabs

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun May 24 09:37:09 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 24 Mai 2009 10:00:48 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> starting a new thread for this as I don't really see where in the mess
> of threads I should answer. I just tried out the change that David did
> to show areas as tabs and here's the result for Oxygen, QtCurve,
> Cleanlooks and Plastique.
>
> Cleanlooks: http://www.apaku.de/vardata/kdev_area_tabs_cleanlooks.png
> Almost ok, IMHO. Its a little strange that you have two horizontal lines
> due to the line between menu and toolbar and the new line from the tabs.
>
> Plastique: http://www.apaku.de/vardata/kdev_area_tabs_plastique.png
> Here the problem with the two lines is a bit more visible as they seem
> to be drawn thicker and with more space between them
>
> Oxygen: http://www.apaku.de/vardata/kdev_area_tabs_oxygen.png
> This almost works perfectly as there's almost no horizontal lines
>
> QtCurve: http://www.apaku.de/vardata/kdev_area_tabs_qtcurve.png
> Same problem as with Plastique and Cleanlooks, even though there's no
> real line between menu and toolbar, but there's a change in color and
> that also hovers the horizontal line from the tabbar quite a bit.
>
> So if possible maybe we can merge those two horizontal lines and have no
> space between them?

I think merging the lines it not possible, as it is alone the styles who draw
them, and we cannot do many assumptions. Also the horizontal line under the
menu is drawn in another UI element. It would be ideal if we could just move
the tabs down a bit until they overlap that line, but no clue how to do that.

I have changed the tab-bar line to fade out over 100 pixels instead of using
the whole range up to the main menu, this looks a bit better.

I wonder why you don't see the horizontal line in the oxygen style, it should
be there as well, like in the mockup. (Maybe after my last patch?)

Greetings, David