KDevelop 4.0 UI

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat May 23 12:25:55 UTC 2009

Am Samstag 23 Mai 2009 13:58:59 schrieb Niko Sams:
> As my mail didn't reach the list, here again without attachment
>

> What about vertical tabs?
> Vertical space isn't as expensive as horizontal space.
>
> Additonally I made the quickopen lineedit a bit nicer.
>
> http://www.vivid-planet.com/upload/vertical-tabs2.png
>
> Niko
Quickopen definitely looks much better like this, and should be done that way.

About the tabs, the horizontal ones do look more intuitive. But then again, we
would get other ones "for free", while these cost quite a bit of space. I
think neither horizontal nor vertical space are "more" valuable than the
other, because if you have more horizontal space, you can do a split-view, and
not every screen is 16:9.

But it would be an option if we would use all that other space under those
tabs for something useful.

If we would be really crazy, we would put out main toolbar there. But then we
would probably really leave the path of well-established default UI paradigms.
:)

Greetings, David