"production release" within next weeks?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 17 01:18:15 UTC 2009

On 17.05.09 01:03:59, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Saturday 16 May 2009 22:17:04 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 16.05.09 15:54:04, David Nolden wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm just wondering why the website says there will be a "production
> > > release" within the next weeks. The german translator translated that
> > > with "The final version will be available in a few weeks" which is close
> > > enough to the english one, but wrong.
> > >
> > > Since we're planning to do another beta release soon, the website should
> > > say that.
> >
> > +1, I guess Amilcar was a bit too optimistic there :)
> I was hoping I was not being too optimistic.
> I was hoping I was being realistic.
> But now that you guys tell me to correct that, I guess I should. :)
>
> So when is a realistic release date for beta 3 ?

Well, the timeframe is ok, but the wording is wrong. Its by far no
production release, its simply the next beta. I'd still like to see better
debugger support, but I also don't think it makes sense to delay the next
beta much longer. I'm not sure if I'll have time next week to finish the
outstanding valgrind support, but I'll try (we do have 1 free day here, so
that might help). Also I just saw that Niko landed a milestone for the
debugger-framework, so lets give that a week to settle in.

So how about tagging the next beta on Wednesday 27th? I'll again do a short
writeup for the dot and see if I can reach Dirk for packaging+upload(if not
I'll send you mail with download information for packages that I'll create
so you can host them at kdevelop.org).

Andreas

PS: Unfortunately no response yet wrt. getting an ftp-account myself :(

--
Break into jail and claim police brutality.