kdevelop API documentation

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri May 15 18:48:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Ramon Zarazua <rzarazua at digipen.edu> wrote:

> I just realized yesterday that even though the kdevplatform documentation
> is
> hosted on http://api.kde.org along with the rest of KDE documentation, the
> kdevelop documentation is not. It is hosted on kdevelop.org, and uses a
> wholly
> different format.
>
> I asked about this in IRC and was told that it was because the webmasters
> at
> api.kde.org have not provided some macros that the kdevelop documentation
> uses. Personally, I think that kdevplatform and kdevelop documentation
> should
> be together, and following the same interface, since they are highly
> dependent
> modules.

I don't think they should be merged at all. Actually the target users is
very different (think of a kdevplatform user, he doesn't care about kdevcpp,
plus its hearders are not installed).

> So my question is: Are there any intentions of moving the kdevelop
> documentation to api.kde.org, or moving kdevplatform over to kdevelop.org?

Maybe we should have kdevplatform's at kdevelop.org as well, not sure.
I don't really think it is necessary either, btw.