Review Request: VCS::checkout()/import() Replace the VcsMapping argument with a pair of arguments VcsLocation and KUrl

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 15 06:36:07 UTC 2009

On 14.05.09 18:30:12, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Fabian Wiesel wrote:
>> Does a non-recursive import make sense? I simply adopted the feature from VcsMapping.
>
> How was this addressed?

Use the source Matthew ;)

> While it's not typical, AFAIK svn supports  non-recursive checkouts
> (or at least updates).

Yes, checkouts and updates, but not import. Import means taking a local
directory in putting it into the VCS - the first time. Yes, svn has a
non-recursive (or in newer versions a --depth argument).

IMHO a non-recursive import is too much a corner case to warrant an
entry in the interfaces, if a VCS supports that and wants to offer it it
can provide its own vcs-specific interface.

Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.