VCS: Proposal for a change of arguments to remove(), checkout() and import()

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 14 23:39:53 UTC 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> in perforce. And the Matthew who back then created the interfaces with me
> is interested in writing perforce support at some point.

Well, allegedly perforce is used in quite some places (VMWare, for one,
a.k.a. "the makers of Review Board").

At the time the interfaces were designed, I was still using perforce
directly (and was more active in KDE development; I wish I could get
back to that :-( ). However I got so tired of trying to work with change
sets that I finally dumped my existing perforce checkout into a git
repository. So, technically, I'm now using a combination of git with
hand-written scripts to sync against the master (perforce) repo, and
KDev's VCS integration (of which I'd need to use the git backend) is
only partly useful to me :-D.

Git's trivial branching is a godsend... ;-)

So if it makes sense to drop some of the stuff that was there for
perforce (which is rather an oddball of a VCS), I'm not likely to object.

--
Matthew
A KWin crash is like a Finite Improbability Generator... only instead of