MakeBuilder, errors visualization

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed May 6 13:49:27 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 06 Mai 2009 15:43:57 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> On Wednesday 06 May 2009 00:58:35 David Nolden wrote:
> > Am Dienstag 05 Mai 2009 21:09:29 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> > > So, you suggest what whenever make plugin sees something that looks
> > > like and error, it calls TopDUContext.addProblem for an appropriate du
> > > context? How does one get TopDUContext given an URL of a source file?
> >
> > This approach would have the advantage that it would be easy to integrate
> > an "Assistant" for solving the problem, and one would not need to have to
> > handle the editor smartrange stuff manually.
> >
> > The top-context to use can be retrieved using
> > DUChainUtils::standardContextForUrl.
> >
> > The disadvantage would be that it would work only if there is a
> > top-context for the document.
>
> What determines if a top-context exists, or not? I presume, whether the
> document is claimed by some language support plugin?
There must be some language support that can produce a top-context for the
document, the parsing stuff must be enabled, and parsing has to be finished
for that file.

A bigger problem though is that whenever the document is re-parsed, it has a
completely new set of problems, thus the ones added externally would be lost.

So it would be better tracking problems that don't come directly from the
parsing process separately.

Greetings, David