Coverage plugin and geninfo problem

Daniel Calviño Sánchez danxuliu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:52:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

after the change to use /usr/bin/geninfo instead of lcov_geninfo
(http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=935308,
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=935310 and
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=935311), Coverage plugin
doesn't seem to work.

When lcov_geninfo was introduced, Manuel Breugelmans made some little
changes that, as far as I can tell, mostly affected only the output of
the filenames. That is, instead of, for example, "Processing
/home/kde-devel/projects/kdevelop/build/projectmanagers/cmake/cmakeutils.cpp",
the output will remove the working directory and show instead
"Processing projectmanagers/cmake/cmakeutils.cpp".

However, an additional option to set the current working directory,
--wcwd, was added in lcov_geninfo and passed when it was executed
through KDevelop. That option doesn't exist in geninfo, so it
complaints when executed through the coverage plugin and no coverage
report is made.

Removing the option from the geninfo call seems to make the coverage
plugin work flawlessly. However, I don't know whether setting the
working directory (in KProcess) would be needed or not. I mean, I
don't know if the working directory makes any difference when geninfo
is executed (it was set in lcov_geninfo, but maybe it just affected
the output). In the test I made it wasn't needed, but maybe there is
some case where it is.

So, should I remove the option where geninfo is called? Remove the
option and set the working directory in KProcess? Or does it work
right now and I am missing something?