support for remote projects (fish / ftp / etc.)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Mar 25 20:31:40 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009, Niko Sams wrote:
> > But in a LAN (like at my work place) it's still pretty fast.
>
> Actually I have basically the same setup - using NFS.
> So this is really needed - we will see how full-project-parsing performs
> with a large ftp project.

But doesn't NFS incorporate remote places into the local file system? I.e. KIO
/ KDevelop would not even know it's dealing with a remote project - right?
Additionally, compiling and such should - theoretically - work just fine
(despite being far slower).

> > Then we would need to wait for Quanta and it's "remote sync" feature from
> > back then (though the one in KDE3 was painfully slow).
>
> you mean project upload in quanta3?
> I rewrote that plugin for quanta4 some time ago - it should still work.

I think I should have a look at quanta4 then ;-) I'm still using KDevelop all
the time!

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de