support for remote projects (fish / ftp / etc.)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 19:35:35 UTC 2009

On 25.03.09 20:16:20, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 March 2009, Niko Sams wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> If OTOH remote projects should be forbidden I'll implement that into the "open
> project" dialog (since right now you can use KIO / remote even though it's not
> supported).

Definetly not, we didn't go through the pain with KUrl for nothing :)

> 1. make it possible to create remote projects, either by chaning the generic
> project manager or by introducing a remote project manager. Do project
> managers have .desktop files?

Project managers are just normal kdevelop plugins implementing a specific
interface (project/interfaces/iprojectfilemanager in the platform), so yes
they do have a .desktop file.

> We could have a X-KDevelop-Project-Can-Be-Remote
> (or whatever) flag in there. This will make it possible to prevent users from
> trying to run cmake/gdb/whatever on remote projects. If I'm not mistaken at
> least XDebug can debug remotely

IIRC we already have some custom properties, maybe one of them can be
re-used to indicate that. Else feel free to add a new one, simply add it to
kdevelopplugin.desktop in interfaces/ in kdevplatform.

The other options are not even worth considering - IMHO :)

Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)