KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/quickopen

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Mar 19 13:20:52 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 19 März 2009 14:00:03 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Can someone with some insight into the expandingtree widget please fix that
> one up so it provides a proper sizeHint? This change is nothing but a
> workaround for a bug in expandingtree, which simply has a far too small
> sizehint.
It is nothing more than a QTreeView. And QTreeViews are not good at providing
size-hints if they have thousands of items in them(At least unfeasably
inefficient). Also we don't want the quickopen widget to be as wide as the
widest entry, since that will be _very_ wide. So we should just pick a
reasonable default.

Actually it did have a very reasonable default size, but maybe that got lost
during the conversion to KDialog(Which I wasn't a fan of, for exactly such
reasons)

Greetings, David