KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Mar 19 09:12:47 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 19 März 2009 08:31:38 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Didn't we agree that this code should be rewritten so it doesn't need the
> folder? Because folder might actually be 0.
Yes, but nobody did it :) Although I haven't seen this crash yet

> > -  int kind =
> > editor()->parseSession()->token_stream->kind(node->class_key); +  /*int
> > kind = */editor()->parseSession()->token_stream->kind(node->class_key);
>
> Hmm, why not simply remove the variable if its not used? (IIRC there's
> another such case in the original patch further up - which I already
> deleted here).

But if you don't know the code, then it's always better to keep the function-
calls, and let someone who knows it better remove them at some occasion. I
think Andrew Coles does a good job at not breaking stuff with his warning-
fixes, I've seen many less successful attempts..

> Also I think you should start posting your patches to our development
> mailinglist via reviewboard.kde.org and not commit to code you've never
> touched before, even if its just about fixing warnings from gcc.
I think for the really simple fixes, and if they're done properly like these,
it's ok. I've seen nothing dangerous in this patch, except for the unpretty
"#ifdef QT_DEBUG" things, so I think using review-board would be overhead in
this specific case.

Greetings, David