Debugger library

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:04:28 UTC 2009

>> The start might have to stay - as a way to say with which debugger the
>> target should
>> be started.
>
> Shouldn't this rather be a property of the "run configuration" (probably an
> implicit thing, hidden from the user depending on the actual run type thats
> being created).
Hmm, currently this defined though IRun::setInstrumentor("xdebug"). But
one C++ target should be run by different RunProviders (default, gdb,
valgrind) - however
not xdebug. A php target by default and xdebug.
So we need an api to find the possible RunProviders for a target.

> > A solution could be a DebuggerUI-Plugin that implements an interface -
> > that all debuggers can use.
> > What do you think?
> That could be a possibility, provide the common ui in a plugin, which is
> based on some interfaces and controller's provided as libraries and the
> actual debugger implementations just provide implementations for those
> interfaces...
I'll come up with patches....

Niko