KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain/repositories

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 15 15:26:22 UTC 2009

On 15.03.09 11:14:18, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Sonntag 15 März 2009 10:58:48 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Having to work with Qt3 and current gcc I think thats not an option either.
> > Such warnings, especially when there are a lot of them can:
> >
> > - hide more important warnings
> > - make it harder to find real compiler errors
>
> But those are not common heeaders, they are only included in about 5 places
> all in all. Above that, a developer who is actually interested in warnings
> will have a debug-build.

I have to disagree actually. Even if you're "just compiling" kdevplatform
then you'll want to see errors easily (maybe not the warnings). Apart from
that building kdevplatform with RelWithDebInfo to work on some plugin in
playground or somewhere else is perfectly acceptable. And RelWithDebInfo
will turn off Q_ASSERT as well.

Chicken Little only has to be right once.