Base classes declaration under DUChains

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat Mar 14 10:10:32 UTC 2009

Am Samstag 14 März 2009 09:54:51 schrieb Lior Mualem:
> That's true but storing our own nodes make it more memory inefficient over
> time - when you expand the node, you generate the sub-items (functions /
> members / base classes / etc.) and then you'll have to monitor it for
> changes and update it and if the user collapsed it, I don't think we have a
> clean way of knowing that in the model to stop the monitoring and cleanup
> the used memory.
> I know about myself that when I browse the classes, I collapse the ones
> that I don't examine at the moment to reduce the clutter.
>
> That's why I've been thinking of that direction, the Widget itself has the
> knowledge of what's visible at the moment so to the very least, I'd want to
> handle the collapsed signal from the widget in a model / view manner
> (meaning maybe create a widget and a model which better suits the class
> browser concept and not use directly the ones already provided by Qt).
Yes  it is important that the class-browser knows exactly  what nodes are
visible and what are not, so it does not do any unnecessary computations. When
the whole class-browser is not visible, it should not do any computations at
all. With a clean Qt Model/View approach this is hard to achieve, due to the
decoupling of the model and view. So what you're proposing seems to make
sense.

Greetings, David