Running scripts

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:34:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I started working on a php debugger and need a way to run scripts.
I need the following possibilities:
- run on commandline
   can be accieved using the current run settings by settings executable to
    "php /path/to/my/script.php"
- run on commandline over ssh on external server
   it is quite common that you have php only on a server, and you want
to run it there.
   currently possible with:
    "ssh server php /path/to/my/script.php"
- run in external browser (remote or local server)
   "konqueror http://server/path/to/my/script.php?XDEBUG_START=$XDEBUGID"
   ($XDEBUGID would be replaced by the debugger with an unique id)
- run in internal browser
  a WebKit OutputView should be opened, currently not possible

So any ideas how we could improve the user interface for defining
script targets?
Especially "run in external browser" targets could be more user friendly.

Niko