Patch for preliminary Mercurial integration in kdevplatform

Evgeniy Ivanov pfx.kde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:13:47 UTC 2009

On Wed March 11 2009 14:28:01 Fabian Wiesel wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:48:55 +0100
>
> Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I'll try to have a look at the patches in the next days. In the future
> > please post patches on reviewboard.kde.org.
>
> Will do so. How am I supposed to proceed, when I have a superseeding
> (larger) patch? Should I wait until the previous has been reviewed?

Diffs should be made against recent trunk.

> So, when using a mercurial repository for tracking my local changes,
> and subversion for the remote ones, I am supposed to switch back to
> console? Which vcs should kdevelop integrate, and which neglect?

As for git git-svn might me used (for basic thing two things: "git svn rebase"
and "git svn dcommit"), but unfortunately it's in TODO for a long time.
Can't be done the same for Hg?

> > There is none, except that git plugin copied cvs plugin and that one
> > was a plain qt4 port of the kdevelop3 version which did it this way.
> > IMHO its a pretty ugly design.
>
> Ah, I see. So the way to go would be to implement the
> IDistributedVersionControl interface directly? Or (after a rewrite)
> deriving from DVCSPlugin?

Whatever you want. But note, that there is existing Hg plugin (with a very
basic functionality, mostly like a draft). If you want to rewrite Hg plugin I
would suggest to implement it in python calling Hg functions, but not exec-
like calls to binaries.
Kross was implemented last summer, so it shouldn't be very difficult to
integrate such things to KD.

--
Best regards, Evgeniy.
Key Fingerprint: F316B5A1F6D2054FCD18B74A95400ABB1FE567A3