Do we need support for low-level development (ASM, microcontrollers)?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Mar 4 08:03:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 09:48:27 Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> > The last couple of weeks I reimplemented (and
> > also copied a lot) a KDevelop shell to fit in for KTechLab developing.
> > This still needs some polishing, but I'm getting closer to what it should
> > be like. After finishing the port to a kdevplatform infrastructure, I
> > thought about implementing the language support we need for KTechLab. No
> > work is done in this area for now, except some ideas, that we need stuff
> > like this. So I'd really love to see something like this in KDevelop ;D
> > There already is some kind of support for PIC MCUs written in C, ASM and
> > "microbe", a basic like language but I love to see them as
> > KDevelop/KTechLab extensions later.
>
> Looks like you did a lot of good work :)
> Why don't you just contribute to KDevelop's shell, and not fork it?

Well, in fact I just extended the KDevelop shell to load KTechLab plugins and
slightly changed the MainWindow to fit to our needs. I guess, that is what I
am intended to do when creating a project based on kdevplatform. If I stumble
about a missing feature somewhere, which would be nice to have for both
projects, I will of course tell the "KDevelopers" about it ;)

bye
julian