documentation for writing language plugins

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:47:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I know that there's some documentation on how the duchain is designed, but is
> there any documentation on how to get started writing a language plugin so that
> we get code complete, code generation, refactoring, etc?
I don't know any docs about that - usually the best way is to look at
other languages.
Cpp is quite complex - so it is best to take java and php as examples.

For code completion you need everything java and php have in codecompletion/.
(that includes function overloading helper)

For declaration renaming you just need to build the uses correctly -
the rest happens magically.

For other code generation (create class) the framework is not ready to
use, it is only used
for c++ for now and needs some love for other languages.

> I want to work on the ruby language plugin and I want to start one for perl
> too.
great :D

Niko