Do we need support for low-level development (ASM, microcontrollers)?

Evgeniy Ivanov pfx.kde at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:27:39 UTC 2009

Hi list,

Now I returned to university (a kind of return...) so started Computer
Architecture course and have to write some ASM code for intel 8051. The
problem I faced (in linux...) is that it's a MCU so emulation is required (and
surely special debugger) and I didn't find any good UI (SDCC has all things
except UI). In windows I used keil.
I think about writing project application to SoC, but still not sure I will
(even if no, there will be a chance I will get some free time in summer). But
anywhere do you think it (MCU support) can become a project for KD?

As I understand we have some libraries used to implement C++ debugging, and
thing I talk about requires switching from gdb --> sdcdb plus some minor UI to
show MCU's registers).

--
Best regards, Evgeniy.
Key Fingerprint: F316B5A1F6D2054FCD18B74A95400ABB1FE567A3