avoid -break-list calls

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:39:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to make stepping in the debugger faster by avoiding unneded commands.
So far stack view and variable view is only updated when they are shown.

But -break-list (returns all breakpoints) still is there.
Afaik it is needed because the user can insert/remove/modify breakpoints using
the gdb view. If the user executes "break main.cpp:12" this breakpoint
is automatically
added to the breakpoint widget.
Problem: this happens not immideately but after the next debugger break.

What could we do:
1. remove -break-list completely. If the user inserts custom
breakpoints he doesn't
have to see them in the breakpoint widget. This is a problem if the
user changes/deletes
breakpoints that kdevelop inserted. I don't think that users will use
gdb view to modify
breakpoints commonly.

2. call -break-list only after the user executed a command in the gdb
view. We could
even sniff for break commands and do the update only after such a command.

3. leave like it is but execute -break-list only if the user executed
a command using
gdb view. (doesn't solve the problem mentioned above).

4. leave everything like it is because -break-list is needed for
something else I missed.

Niko