automatic area switching

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Jun 25 18:06:35 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 25 Juni 2009 19:19:05 schrieb Niko Sams:
> Why are documents part of the area?
> Imho this is not needed - we have the workingsets for that now.
> If I switch the area I want to debug/test the code I'm working on right
> now.
It's part of the basic design, but with areas we can circumvent it. For
example, we could move or copy the current working-set into the debug area
when starting the debugger.

The debugger can open tons of new documents during stepping, so it would be
good if there was an easy way of getting rid of those again. So I'd propose
that when starting the debug, we _copy_ the current working-set into the debug
area, but as a separate working set. Then you can switch back into the code
area, and have the clean working set from before.

Greetings, David