DVCS plugin interface

Fabian Wiesel fabian.wiesel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:12:17 UTC 2009

2009/6/21 Hugo Parente Lima <hugo.pl at gmail.com>

> Yeah, the kdevplatform/vcs/dvcs/ui uses it; but nobody uses
> kdevplatform/vcs/dvcs/ui,

That is not quite correct. It is called via
ctxRevHistory() -> getAllCommits() -> parseLogOutput(). After that, it gets
displayed in CommitView, which is part of vcs/dvcs/gui.
But since the call is routed via
DistributedVersionControlPlugin::getAllCommits(), which is already pure
virtual, it doesn't have to stay.

and somethings in kdevplatform/vcs/dvcs are
> redundant, because are already implemented in vcs plugins infrastructure

Mainly things relating to the repository history/log. You certainly can
consider DVcsEvent a generalisation of VcsEvent, because it allows several
parent revisions.
This is also why the GUI displaying it (CommitView) is largely duplicated
functionality.

> > From kdevplatform/vcs/dvcs/ui I think that just the branch manager is
> > used... and (I hope) the importmetadata widget. Some things like log
> > view, commit view are redundant and IMO should use the code used in VCS
> > plugins.

The equivalent of CommitView in VCS isn't capable of displaying the Directed
Acyclic Graph of the commits. So, unless the generic-part gains that neet
feature, I'd rather keep it.
LogView, on the other hand, is not only redundant, but also unused. If no
one objects, I could remove it.

Fabian