KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/quickopen

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 21 20:33:49 UTC 2009

On 21.06.09 21:44:22, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Sonntag 21 Juni 2009 21:05:55 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 21.06.09 02:37:28, David Nolden wrote:
> > > SVN commit 984556 by zwabel:
> > >
> > > When ESC is pressed, close the opened quickopen list, and move focus back
> > > into the editor
> >
> > Three things regarding the new lineedit:
> >
> > - Can you move the focus "elsewhere" even if there's no editor? i.e. set
> >   focus onto the main window? Its a bit annoying that if I press ESC (no
> >   editor open), switch to a nother app I see the "Quick Open" gray text,
> >   but when focus goes back to kdevelop the dropdown is opened again.
> Not sure where to put the focus then, and how.. there's unfortunately no
> setFocus(false). :)

Too bad, well just a minor annoyance at the moment.

> > - Can we get a shortcut to directly move focus into the line? Or is this
> >   purely intended for mice-users? (I'm personally also fine with using
> >   the standalone dialog)
> There already is: CTRL+ALT+e.

Can you put the action into the Navigation Menu, so its not that hidden?

> > - You said on IRC that the line-edit expands to the right. It seems to
> >   me thats style-dependant. I'm using QtCurve here and the lineedit is
> >   large enough, but doesn't expand until the right end of the
> >   mainwindow. Its almost as long ast the main toolbar without an editor
> >   open (i.e. with only our actions and none from kate)
> >   Hmm, I also get the same length when changing the style during
> >   runtime...
>
> I've given it some size constraints, so it should be between 400 and 200.
> Probably that's still too big, given that you usually just type a few
> characters in there.

Ah, ok. The current size is fine with me, but maybe we should try to use
something like width of 20m's or something like that, so it
automatically grows with larger fonts (think of people who can't see
much at all and use huge fonts everywhere)

> If you want it to be totally on the right, you have to move it completely to
> the right once manually. From then on, if you make the window smaller, the
> toolbar will automatically move it so it still has its minimum size. We would
> need some way to force this line-edit, at least initially, completely to the
> right.

No, I'm totally fine with the way it currently looks :)

Your step will soil many countries.