KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/quickopen

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Jun 21 15:06:22 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 21 Juni 2009 16:54:11 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 21.06.09 13:43:34, David Nolden wrote:
> > Am Sonntag 21 Juni 2009 13:32:54 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > So you change code and expect other people to fix your errors? Thats
> > > not a nice way of working in a team. Anyway, moot point, I like the new
> > > layout with the buttons along the lineedit.
> >
> > No, as it's not my code that is broken. I just reject wasting hours of my
> > life hunting for bugs created by others, just to get a 'K'Dialog instead
> > of a 'Q'Dialog.
>
> Ok, so, you have a dialog that works perfectly well, then you change its
> code and it doesn't work anymore as you want it and its somebody else's
> fault? Sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all.

Btw. Yes. It is (probably) a bug in someones elses code, because:

If you call kdialog->setButtonFocus(None)

Then you show the dialog
And then you call

lineEdit->setFocus()

And the line-edit does not have focus, then it is clearly a bug somewhere, as
it's not the expected behavior.

I don't know whose bug it is, or in what way it was worked around before
(Maybe because kdialog->setMainWidget was not used, but rather kdialog-
>mainWidget() was populated with the contents)

Anyway, no reason for me to spend a day of banging my head onto the table for
no benefit.