D support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 21 14:56:25 UTC 2009

On 21.06.09 14:18:48, Lorenzo Villani wrote:
> On Sunday 21 June 2009 08:18:33 Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > [cut]
> >
> > For D support, probably the first step is creating or modifying a kdev-pg
> > parser (not knowing the language).
> >
> Wouldn't be better to use the DMD frontend? AFAIK it covers parsing and semantic
> analysis and its licensed under both GPL and Artistic license. I guess there's
> no need to write a kdev-pg parser from scratch or modifying an existing one.

Well, if you can easily create a DUChain from the output of the DMD
frontend thats probably fine. And as kdev-pg currenlty is "just another
parser generator" it wouldn't make a lot of difference I guess (except
that with kdev-pg your parser will already use Qt datatypes everywhere
so you don't need to care about conversion)

You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.