KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/quickopen

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Jun 21 10:42:35 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 21 Juni 2009 12:04:31 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 21.06.09 02:45:07, David Nolden wrote:
> > SVN commit 984557 by zwabel:
> >
> > Use QDialog instead of KDialog again. KDialog always sets the focus on
> > the "OK" button, but it needs to be in the text line for a usable
> > quickopen.
>
> So apparently you didn't use quickopen yourself a lot huh? Because it
> worked just fine yesterday here and even today before I updated. I've
> played around a bit with your latest changes and reverting the splitting
> and the ESC-change makes the dialog work as before, i.e. focus is in the
> lineedit. So I suggest you fix whatever that commit broke and then
> revert this change again.
>
> Andreas
The changes seem trigger some problems because they slightly change the order
stuff happens.

I've already wasted too much time and nerves with trying to make this work,
but whenever I try to use KDialog, it seems to be impossible to give focus to
the input-line. Whatever I do, the focus stays with the button.

So unless someone else fixes this, I'm going to re-add the "ok" and "cancel"
buttons to the QDialog and be ready with it. (I've already spent a few
frustrating hours with this crap, and I won't dive into kdelibs code now)

Greetings, David