Change Navigation and Project accelerators

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 19:34:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

we have a bit of a problem apparently. Kate's searchbar uses Atl+N and
Alt+P for the next/previous buttons. However those two accelerators are
also assigned to the menu items "Navigation" and "Project".
Unfortunately it seems that other than with menus, in this case Qt's
accelerator support doesn't just walk through all occurrence of an
accelerator (which could also be problematic as one is a button). As
fixing Qt might take quite some time (or may even never happen), I think
we should try to workaround that by simply changing the accelerators for
the two items.

I suggest to use the "g" for Navigation, but for Project there's none
thats not alerady taken, except "j", not sure thats very intuitive.

Or do we just ignore the accelerators on the kate search bar and tell
them to use others (like numbers, as all characters are taken I think)?

You will be held hostage by a radical group.