Deadlock when switching working-sets while a project is being parsed

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Jun 16 22:05:13 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 16 Juni 2009 22:06:36 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 16.06.09 21:43:04, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just managed to deadlock kdevelop (probably only for a while, still
> > pretty bad IMHO) by simply clicking onto the workingset button in the
> > Debug tab that I have here, while KDevelop was parsing the files from
> > kdevplatform project.
> >
> > Backtrace shows that there's a writeLock being acquired when a document
> > is activated, not sure wether thats avoidable, but would be good if it
> > could be.
>
> In fact it was a deadlock and at some point the duchainlock timeout just
> aborted kdevelop
>
> Andreas
I cannot see a real deadlock here. One of the threads seems to be working
while the others wait for locks. I have replaced the write-lock with a read-
lock as that was not needed.

Maybe you just have to reduce the count of parsing-threads, as they seem to
block each other a lot in your case. Maybe they block each other so much that
everything slows down, leading to the timeout.

Greetings, David