KDevelop4 Beta4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 16 10:51:51 UTC 2009

On 16.06.09 11:34:58, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 15 Juni 2009 20:38:20 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Fellow developers, what are your thoughts about Beta4? I now have upload
> > access to the ftp server, so I'm in full control of when we roll out.
> > David mentioned that there's been quite a bit of bugfixing shortly after
> > the last beta for C++/duchain. We also had some fixes in cmake and other
> > parts I think.
> >
> > As I think most of our users have most time during the weekend I'd like
> > to do a release sometime at the end of next week - unless somebody has
> > objections. I'd also like to put in a short freeze before that so we can
> > ensure the beta has proper quality without me catching up commits in the
> > tag. How about starting the freeze on monday, fixing any blocker bugs
> > (easy to hit crashes, things where you get stuck and cannot get out of
> > something) until thursday. I'll then tag both modules on thursday and
> > create tarballs on friday (to have some time in case something big shows
> > up) and test them. If time permits I'll upload them friday evening and
> > I'll make sure the announcement is out saturday morning.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Good idea. There is still one simple but annoying duchain regression (easily
> reproducible) that I'd like to fix before the next beta.
>
> Ideally I'd also like to add a bit more UI for the working-sets, so it is a
> complete feature ready for testing and announcing (Opening/Closing single
> files, subtracting/merging/deleting working-sets). But if you prefer me not
> doing that I can delay it to next week.

Well, you still have almost a week for that :)

We can also move the whole release another week, I'm not desparate to get
it out ASAP. Though that might make it a bit harder for me as I'd possibly
have to keep the progress-branch I'll create this weekend private for
another week.

You're almost as happy as you think you are.