QList pretty print

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 15 10:15:03 UTC 2009

On 15.06.09 07:17:55, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 03:46, Matt Rogers<mattr at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Jun 14, 2009, at 7:15 AM, Niko Sams wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I played with pretty printing in gdb using python, see attached a
> >> screenshot
> >> for the nice looking result.
> >> The great thing is that it works in gdb console too.
> >>
> >> Where should I commit this? How do we load it?
> >> Afaics it should be in Qt. Do we want this?
> >>
> >> Niko
> >> <qlist-tooltip.png><qt4_gdb.py>
> >
> > Then, by your account, kdesdk/scripts/kde-devel-gdb shouldn't exist either,
> > since it has helpers for doing the exact same thing that your python helpers
> > do.
> that's different, those scripts are useful for gdb cli only.
>
> > If the new helpers were only going to be useful for KDevelop, I would agree
> > with Andreas. However, they're useful for everybody, so if we can't get them
> > in Qt, they should go in kdesdk/scripts, IMO.
> How do we solve the installation issue then?

We can't unless its part of KDevelop, because the script isn't available
anywhere and technically you cannot commit it now to kdesdk anymore
(feature freeze and everything). So it'll only be part of KDE 4.4 and I
don't plan to wait for that before releasing KDevelop4.0.

> I'll try to get it into Qt once it supports a few more classes, as that would be
> the best place.

That means it could be part of Qt4.6, to be released at the end of the
year/beginning of next year and I defintely want to release KDevelop 4.0
before that.

After your lover has gone you will still have PEANUT BUTTER!