Regarding icons

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 14 18:31:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

if anybody sees things in our GUI that needs an icon please follow these
steps:

1. svn co trunk/playground/artwork/Oxygen/docs
2. Fire up oocalc on kdevelop-icons.ods from that directory
3. Check if the icon you want to request is already in that list
4. Check if the icon you want can already be found in oxygen, the naming
   of icons should help here, but a quick visual check with gwenview
   shouldn't take a lot of time either
5. Find a good fdo-name (I'm still trying to find out what to do with
   icons that don't fit the fdo-spec, I'm inclined to just put them into
   the actions folder with a halfway decent name), see freedesktop.org
   icon spec and also check the existing icon names
6. Think of a description for that icon and almost more importantly
   about possible visual metaphors for the icon. The second part is
   important especially for very technical things as our artists have
   absolutely 0 idea about programming, so we need to give them hints
   what they should draw
7. Put a new line into the upper or lower part depending on wether
   there's a good fdo name and category for your icon
8. commit the file and if at that point all icons have been done already
   then a notification mail to the artist-list might be a good idea too

Niko, some of the icons you've put in for breakpoints don't make any
sense to me - i.e. even I don't have the slightest clue what we could
use for them. So if you have 5 minutes please update the descriptions,
espcially with some visual metaphors you can think of.
Also I think debug-breakpoint-state-dirty,
debug-breakpoint-state-pending  and debug-breakpoint-state-error are
duplicates of debug-breakpoint-dirty, debug-breakpoint-pending and
debug-breakpoint-error, no? At least the descriptions are the same.

Bank error in your favor.  Collect $200.