Fwd: GDB Variables/Watches

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sat Jun 13 12:51:10 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 June 2009 Niko Sams wrote:

> Resending mail because the attachment is too large.
>
> uploaded the patch here:
> www.vivid-planet.com/upload/dbg.diff

As I've said on IRC, I have two concerns about this patch:

1. It's big.
2. Substantial parts of it deal with debug helpers for display of
STL and other things, and we'll get that mostly for free in GDB 7.0.

I've tried to hack something myself, and the patch is attached. While
it presently crashes due to me messing up order of destruction somewhere,
I think it will give us >50% of what we want from local variables display,
and it's much more smaller. As for remaining <50%, it's probably a UI
issue that I'll post about separately.

- Volodya