Breakpoint attributes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 13 12:15:01 UTC 2009

On 13.06.09 14:40:00, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> In SVN HEAD, if I create a code breakpoint on function, say main, it's
> not saved/loaded for next session -- the 'location' field in breakpoint
> table becomes empty. I've tried to fix that, but got somewhat lost.
>
> The Breakpoint class has three fields:
>
> 	- m_url
> 	- m_expression
> 	- address_
>
> It appears that all of them correspond to the 'location' column in
> breakpoint table. Do we need 3 different fields? Especially given
> that all of those are to be interpreted by the debugger, and may
> have random structure?

Well, one problem when you make that a QString is that the breakpoint
widget then has to try to find out what exact type it got. Because if
the location is a remote url, you'd want to use KUrl::prettyUrl() for
display, while for local files you'd want just KUrl::toLocalFile() for
the breakpoint widget. So having at least 2 members, one as a kurl for
file-like locations and another that contains arbitrary string
information depending on the debugger might be a good compromise?

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.