UI blocking (was: Strange crash on paste)

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:26:26 UTC 2009

Hi David, thanks for replying,

The SimpleInterface documentation at api.kde.org says that locking must be
done whenever we call a non-const function on a smart object.

I'm not using any SmartCursor, SmartRange, SmartRangeWatcher etc, just the
conventional View, Document, and Cursor objects.

This also apply to these objects ?

Thanks,
Sandro

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM, David Nolden <
david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag 28 Juli 2009 06:01:33 schrieb Sandro Andrade:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm experiencing the same "ui is blocking" crash described below followed
> > by a "Unable to create a valid backtrace" message. Crashes occur
> > sporadically but, apparently, only if I'm using the plugin for control
> flow
> > graphs I'm developing. I have some queued signal/slot connections, could
> > this be the cause ?
> >
> > Any hint ?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Sandro
> My guess: You forgot unlocking some mutex, probably the kate smart-mutex,
> somewhere.
>
> You should always use QMutexLocker, and not the lock() / unlock()
> functions.
>
> Greetings, David

Sandro Santos Andrade
Distributed Systems Laboratory (LaSiD)