Fwd: Review request: CppLanguageSupport

Ramon Zarazua rzarazua at digipen.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:43:53 UTC 2009

I have been having problems with correctly linking the Cpp language files to
the codegen tests, and then attempt to use an instance of kdevplatform running
for tests. The thing is that kdevplatform loads the language plug-in the way
it always does, however since dependencies require cpplanguagesupport.cpp to
be linked into the executable these two loaded instances cause incorrect
behavior.

What apaku suggested I do then, is to separate all of the cpp files into a
library (cpplanguagecommon), and then link that to the tests, and another
library that is basically only cpplanguagesupport.cpp linked into
cpplanguagecommon, and that would then be linked to KDevelop.

However the process of doing that resulted in having to extract a lot of
methods from CppLanguageSupport. I want feedback if this should be the way it
should work, and then continue working on it, or just revert everything, and
take a different route.

Here is the diff from kdevelop/
(I could not use the Review Board because it doesn't like it when diffs
contain files that did not previously exist in the svn repository)