KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 27 13:53:21 UTC 2009

On 27.07.09 15:31:37, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 27 Juli 2009 15:02:19 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > SVN commit 1002980 by apaku:
> >
> > Revert "Step towards 'useful' multiple-mainwindow support: Add an
> > interface for plugins to create per-mainwindow actions, and manage+merge
> > those actions within the additional mainwindow." and related commits.
> >
> > Its quite apparent that multi-mainwindow support isn't quite that easy
> > to implement, so this should be done in a branch until its working -
> > including conversion of all plugins.
> What? I thought that crash was fixed?

Only for the first mainwindow, creating the second again crashed
everything. And additionally the crash-fix broke the two ported plugins as
their actions weren't added anymore.

> This was working well enough: No regression in one mainwindow, and additional
> mainwindows had the context-browser as well as the quickopen actions, which
> already made it useful for common editing.

Not here, direct crash on startup when trying to load the makebuilder
plugin (and yes I did the full remove-install+builddir+rebuild dance). And
then after the "crash fix" this happened for another plugin on the second
mainwindow.

Additionally there are completely unsolved and not-yet-though-about
problems with xmlgui and multiple mainwindows, that should be tested at
least on a basic level before putting this into trunk. After all we're
aiming for more stabilization and a release and I wouldn't mind releasing
4.0 without multi-mainwindow support.

You're growing out of some of your problems, but there are others that
you're growing into.