Multiple main window support, and action-collections

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Jul 26 14:10:36 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 26 Juli 2009 15:17:38 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> I don't like this, the plugin implementation shouldn't need to worry about
> the mainwindows and the xmlgui stuff (except putting the actions into an
> action collection and setting an xml file).
>
> So, how about having:
>
> class IPlugin : public QObject
> {
>         QList<KAction*> actions();
>         QString xmlFile();
> }
>
> And then simply do the xmlguiclient-stuff inside sublime and/or shell?
Ah yeah I've also though about just doing something like "virtual void
createActionsForMainWindow(Sublime::MainWindow* window, QString& xmlFile,
KActionCollection& actions)".

But then I saw that there is quite a bit more of stuff in KXMLGuiClient, for
example management of 'states'. So it probably shouldn't be completely hidden
away.

Greetings, David