ProjectModel::pathToIndex assert when path not found?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 25 10:28:10 UTC 2009

On 25.07.09 10:28:42, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When editing in a launch config the project target
> ProjectModel::pathToIndex is called to
> find the project item. As it's a lineedit invalid paths are possible
> and while typing an assertion
> in ProjectModel::pathToIndex triggers.

Actually you cannot put invalid paths there AFAIK, because the validator
will disallow typing a letter that won't match a path at the end. The
problem is that this even triggers on typing valid paths.

> solution would be to simply remove the assertion and return an invalid
> QModelIndex if the item
> can't be found. (ProjectItemValidator actually checks already for that)

I've seen the crash already and was going to check on that today. And no
I don't think its ok to commit this as David said.

The time is right to make new friends.