Adding build-set to working file set

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Jul 23 14:52:18 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 23 Juli 2009 16:41:04 schrieb Alexander Dymo:
> > Where did those icons come from? They are only created when you actually
> > use them.
> >
> > I think using working-sets couldn't be easer, all you need is your left
> > mouse button:
>
> That's right. I'm not speaking about switching between them, but rather
> that I didn't understand when they appear and when they disappear.
>
> > So where does the confusion come from? How can we make it easier to use?
>
> I don't know yet. My usecase was one KDevelop instance staying for a long
> time opened. There I just hacked on KDevelop.
> Then I was opening one-two more kdevelops. I opened some files there,
> closed some files there.
> Now after two weeks of such work I ended up with 25 working sets on the
> long- staying instance :)
I guess the problem is that you opened multiple kdevelop instances, of which
each created new working sets once you opened files, and only one of those was
saved as the 'current' one.

So is it right that you never manually closed a working set?

The thing is, that you _always_ have a working set if you have some files
open. So if you open a clean kdevelop instance, and then open a file, then in
that moment you create a working set. Unless you close all files again, that
set will stay.

Maybe we should consider archiving or deleting working sets if they have
neither been closed manually by the user, nor are the 'current' working set in
one of the areas.

Greetings, David