Extending the GDB debugger for data visualization [kdev4]

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:57:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 14:43, Manoj Rajagopalan<rmanoj at umich.edu> wrote:
> For KDevelop4, could someone give me a little information on the names and
> locations of the classes/files I could begin looking at?
>
> I noticed the debuggers/ subdir which has gdb/ and valgrind/ in it but if
> access to data is possible in a debugger independent way, is there another
> location I should be looking at?
If it's debugger independent you must not link to gdb plugin at all. You should
find everything in kdevplatform/debugger/variable.

Important is also the ICore::self()->debugController() (where you get
the VariableCollection
and it also emits a signal when a debug session was created).

If you need additional information let's talk about it here.

Niko